In most cases, we request access to Google Analytics, so we can work with you to measure the effectiveness of your website. While we can create analytics accounts for our customers and grant you access, we strongly encourage you to create your own Google Analytics account and grant us access.
The reason we do this is because we believe you should own your own data. This gives you the most flexibility when it comes to choosing service providers to work with, without worrying about losing historical data if you decide to make a switch.
If you haven’t already created a Google Analytics account, here’s how to do that. If you need help, please let us know and we can help you through it.
On to adding us as a user…
Google’s official documentation for adding users is here, if you need it: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?hl=en. We’ve put the most important information below for easy
How to add SuperWebPros to your Google Analytics account
You can add as many users as you need to your Google Analytics account. To add a new user to an account/property/view:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
- In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add users at the account, property, or view level), click User Management. In most cases, you’ll want to give us access at the “Account” level. However, if you have multiple web properties under your Google Analytics account and we’re only managing one of them, you may just want to give us access to the Property.
- In the Account users list, click +, then click Add new users.
- Enter the email address: [email protected] as the user’s Google Account.
- Select Notify new users by email to send a message to the user.
- Select the Editor permission for us. Learn more about permissions.
- Click Add.